Code of Ethics and Confidentiality
As a long-standing member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO), we are bound to uphold a specific set of principles regarding confidentiality and professional conduct, which include the following:
CODE OF ETHICS
- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will offer services in those areas in which I am qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified professional organizers, productivity consultants and/or other qualified professionals.
- I will advertise my services in an honest manner and will represent the organizing and productivity profession accurately.
- I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other professional organizers and productivity consultants.
- I will use proprietary client information only with the client's permission.
- I will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit myself or my firm, or reveal this information to others.
- I will decide independently and communicate to my client in advance my fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which I deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with my experience, the services I deliver, and the responsibility I accept.
- I will make recommendations for products and services with my client's best interests in mind.